Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our Neighborhood

When people who had been to Korea knew we were moving here they all said that the fall is beautiful here. I kind of went "yeah, yeah, yeah, they're are just trying to make me feel better about moving to a cold place." But, after spending much time outside these past couple of weekends I think I would tell potential Korean residents that the fall is beautiful. The weather is a bit chilly but still quite nice with a scarf and coat on. All of the trees are changing colors and there are a lot of trees here.
So, instead of telling you about the pretty things I thought I share some pics I took while walking around my neighborhood this Sunday.






Families are always walking around together. Kids seem so happy here. There are tons of parks and places for them to play. Korea is also a very safe country. I encounter women and children walking by themselves even into the night without being overly wary.


These leaves come from the Ginko Tree which is the official tree of our city, Bundang.

3 comments:

L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L said...

Another cool thing about having all of those leaves is that if you are ever out for a walk and decide "Hey, this looks like a beautiful spot to take a shit!" you can totally just drop your pants and get to it.

It's all about maximizing your time, really.

Good Luck!

loren and sarah said...

Actually, instead of wiping up crap, the leaves could be used to wipe your hands and face after puking your guts out which is the result from a weekend bender. No, not me or Sarah, but there have been many many times where we have come across some vomit which we are sure came from some drunk stumbling home.